We asked 50 random atlantans about beauty and were surprised with the answers we collected.
Summer is here and to make sure that you enjoy the season, the Colour team has compiled a list of summer must-have's to help make your lives easier!
Below you will find the top summertime picks of Colour co-founders Debra and Stephanie, as well as summer essential picks from other members of the Colour team! These items were specifically selected to ensure that you ladies fully maximize opportunities for fun, comfort, and low maintenance glam this summer.
1. Bite Beauty Liquified Lip- This liquid lip is nourishing and highly pigmented, with a wide selection of colors to choose from. The product provides a punch of color, all while keeping your lips protected with all-natural ingredients, which is a major key when out in the sun.
2. Pureology "Supreme Control" Hairspray- The perfect hairspray to help combat summer humidity. This hairspray provides a non-stick hold and control that prevents hair from rising.
3. Lily Pulitzer Maxi Dress- The maxi dress is a summertime wardrobe staple and Lily Pulitzer offers a variety of beautiful and vibrant patterns, with something to compliment every skin tone. These dresses allow you to go from hanging out with the girls at brunch to a night out on the town with your loved one, without having to change!
1. Nars Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Grey- This shade of grey has hints of blue, which compliment brown skin beautifully. It adds a subtle pop of color that's good for running errands, brunching with the girls, and lounging by the pool or beach. Oh, and it's waterproof!
2. Dermablend Leg and Body Makeup - Why? It's sundress season, which means it's time to show off those legs! This life saver covers those annoying scars from childhood, random bruises from scraping the tables, knicks from rushed shaving, and tattoos.
3. Frye Melanie Gold Slip On Sneakers- Because honestly, we all need a cute flat that doesn't require a fresh pedicure to rock.
1. Drunk Elephant Night Bright Set- Because your skin takes a bit more of a beating than usual in the summertime sun, showing it some extra TLC at home is sometimes necessary. This skincare set has a nourishing Marula Luxury Facial Oil that helps replenish the skin and provides extra moisture!
2. Pastel Adidas Flats- Summertime is about being comfortable and these flats are the perfect combination of sporty, girly, and comfort. These are a go-to for running errands, walking around the house or laying out at the pool.
3. BKR Glass Water Bottle- We still aren't 100 percent sure of all of the negative effects of BPA but we know that it's bad for you, so we are trying to use glass water bottles instead. This BKR water bottle is environmentally friendly, BPA free, and extremely cute, which makes it the perfect summer accessory for your workouts.
The one summertime essential pick that everyone on the Colour team agreed on, was an appointment at the Colour Summer Pop-Up Shop! It is the perfect place to drop in and give a new summer look a try. Our Pop-Up Shop is going on all summer, book your appointment below. Appointments are available, Thursdays, 10am-7pm, and Sundays, 1pm-6pm. Email Hello@getcolour.io for more info.
Summer is here and along with it comes a sometimes unbearable heat. Between the sticky humidity and profuse sweating, it can be hard to feel glamorous. However, that doesn't mean that we have to choose between comfort or beauty. The Colour team has compiled a few handy tips to help you feel good and look good this summer.
1. Choose A Low Maintenance Hair Style
Low maintenance hairstyles that let you take a break from styling your hair for a few days have been favorites at our summertime pop-up shop. Some great low maintenance styles are flat-twists, halo braids, bantu knots, and even the classic wash and go. These styles will give your strands a break but still allow you to feel great about how your hair looks.
2. Wear Minimal Make-up
Summer is hot and along with that heat comes a lot of sweat. Make-up doesn't always hold up well in extreme temperatures so we encourage making things easy for yourself by wearing minimal make-up when it's super hot. You can't go wrong with light coverage like a BB cream, mascara, and a tinted lip balm. This is just enough to not feel bare-faced but to not have to constantly worry about your make-up melting off.
3. Embrace The Maxi Dress
The maxi dress will be your best friend this summer. It is a summer wardrobe essential that is complimentary to all body types. Another reason why the maxi dress is a summertime staple is because it has the ability to be dressed up or down, this staple is versatile enough to be worn for a day at the park or to an evening dinner with your spouse.
4. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize
Stay moisturized this summer! We recommend using coconut oil, which is a cult classic for keeping skin and hair moisturized. The sun can age you rapidly so don't forget to use sunscreen as well.
5. Stay Hydrated
Staying hydrated is a major key this summer, your body and skin will thank you. The benefits of drinking water are countless. The heat can easily dehydrate you which can have terrible effects on your hair and skin. Drinking water throughout the day is a summertime must!
Our Summer Pop-Up Shop is going on all summer, book your appointment here to give any of the above styles a try and to get your low maintenance glam on.
Appointments are available, Thursdays, 10am-7pm, and Sundays, 1pm-6pm.